Tuesday 19 January 2016

A week in new york

Hey guys, I feel like its been ages since I blogged, when it was actually only a week ago. 
As you know I was in New York last week and I had the best time ever. 

Is is as magical as you expected it was going to be? 
Yeah. 

It can't not take your breath away. It looks exactly like what you see on the films or see in the movies. You feel important while walking down the streets and lucky to experience such a incredible place.
I thought every day this week I would post a dairy of my time in New York as it was this time last week that I wrote last.

Our Tuesday was a pretty crazy day. We went to the observation deck at the Rockefeller centre.
The view from there is the most incredible thing. You can literally see everything and when the see the  view of the Empire State Building. Its breath taking and something thats hard to describe.


After, we decided to walk up to central park and have a wonder around there. I wanted to go to strawberry fields to see the imagine john Lennon memorial which is very beautiful.


When we went to the memorial someone had placed flowers in the shape of a peace sign around the writing which I thought was lovely and had never seen before.
We also visited the belvedere castle In central park as that is where the Smurfs was filmed and you can see a lovely view once you get to the top of the hill of the rest of the park.


 Although, as you can see on this photo, I was frozen. Once we had taken some photos we went to the MET. I wanted a picture of the famous gossip girl stairs and of course to go into the beautiful museum. If you think New York can't take you breath away anymore, you just wait until you step into the MET. Every exhibition is incredible.


 My favourite was the Jacqueline De Ribes exhibition called the art of style. the exhibition focused on the internationally renowned style icon countess jacqueline de Ribes. I won't talk to much about it though as I'd love to do a whole blog post dedicated to her and the exhibition.

Jacqueline de Ribes, ca. 1960-63

After walking around all day we were pretty tired and decided to head back to the hotel. When I say head back to the hotel, I do in fact mean. walking down 5th avenue and spending some of the dollars we had saved in the amazing shops down there. I will be posting a New York haul soon but of course Sephora was one of the main places I ran into. I think I could lived in that shop.

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Come back tomorrow to see what I got up to the next day.

Plain Jayne x

No comments:

Post a Comment