Friday 22 January 2016

New York - Day 4

Friday in New York was one of my favourite days, personally, and it was our last full day. My roommate and I decided one of the things we wanted to do while In New York was, to see a broadway show. I've never seen a broadway show before and my friend loves them so we couldn't not.


We headed into times Square early to be able to buy tickets for that night. My advice to anymore who is going to New York and wants to see a show is to go to the theatre of that particular show that you wish to see on the day to buy a ticket early morning. You will find the best and cheapest price. We decided we wanted to see Finding Neverland as it was a reasonable price at full price and Peter pan and finding Neverland is one of my person favourite books and tales.

We were extremely lucky to be able to get the last two tickets for the show at only $37! I think my mouth must have fell open when he told me the price as I was expecting so much more!
After getting our tickets we were over joyed and decided to wander back to the hotel making a couple of stops into different shops along the way. 

We went into Victoria Secret near our hotel. When we had gone for dinner the night before one of the girls had told me about a fantastic deal that they were offering which I hadnt noticed when I'd been in before. If you bought any one of there sports bras you would receive a free pair of leggings at your choice. Now am not a gym/sport kind of girl. I'll admit that but, Comfy cute leggings to wear around the house I am all about. I managed to find a cute sports bra for only $30 and picked my pair of leggings. After leaving I realised the leggings I had picked were meant to be $70 dollars, total bargain in my eyes. 

After wondering for a bit longer we headed back to the hotel as our course was going to FIT to see two incredible exhibitions. A denim exhibition and a fantasy fairytale exhibition. Both were inspiring and beautiful. In very different ways. My favourite was the fairytale exhibition. 



After, we wondered to the empire state building to see the view from the observation deck. I do prefer the view from the top of the rock but theres nothing better then being able to say you've been at the top of the empire state building and the view is still spectacular.


Lastly was the broadway show. Our seats were amazing and the show did not disappoint. It was breath taking. It had me laughing, crying and walking away with the biggest smile on my face and a few tears. I would recommend it to anyone even if you aren't a massive peter pan fan the story is beautiful and told in such a magical way. 

One last look of time square at night time and a sit on the famous red steps and we head back to the hotel to rest before our long journey ahead on the Saturday.


Speak to you guys tomorrow,
Plain Jayne x 

No comments:

Post a Comment